By signing up for a membership on our platform, you agree to comply and require your suppliers to conform with the FOURSOURCE Code of Conduct and with the applicable laws and regulations of the countries in which you conduct business.
FOURSOURCE Code of Conduct
- 1. No Child Labor
- No persons shall be employed, if the person does not meet the minimum legal age requirement under the applicable local law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no person younger than 15 years shall be employed (or 14 years where the governing law makes an exemption).
- 2. No Forced Labor
- All members have to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the prohibition of forced labor and human trafficking. Involuntary labor of any kind, including prison labor or debt bonded employment are prohibited throughout the supply chain. All workers shall have the right to freely enter into and terminate their employment.
- 3. Salary
- All members ensure that workers receive a compensation of at least the minimum legal salary or the local industry standard (whichever is higher). Members must comply and ensure compliance throughout the supply chain with legal requirements regarding fair salaries and compensation. Workers shall be entitled to all benefits required by law or local industry standard, including overtime compensations and paid leave. Workers are (at least monthly) provided with an understandable wage statement setting out the time worked, time or piece-rate related earnings per day, hours of overtime at each specific rate, allowances and bonuses, and any applicable deductions.
- 4. Working Hours
- Our members comply and ensure compliance throughout the supply chain with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards on working hours, public holidays and annual leave. Except in extraordinary business circumstances, the regular working time per week shall not exceed 48 hours and the total overtime per week shall not exceed 12 hours. If the maximum working time permitted by applicable law is lower, the lower working time applies. Workers shall have at least on day off per week.
- 5. No Harassment
- No worker shall be subject to any physical or psychological acts of coercion of any kind or punishment. Members do not engage in or permit physical or psychological coercion or abuse of any kind, including threats, screaming, sexual harassment or other verbal abuse.
- 6. No Discrimination
- Workers are treated equally. No worker shall be subject to any discrimination in employment, including hiring, compensation, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement. The prohibition of discrimination includes any distinction, exclusion or preference based on race, color, nationality, social origin, gender, religion, disability, political opinion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, membership in workers organizations (including unions or political affiliation), or age.
- 7. Freedom of Association
- All workers are free to join and establish legal organizations and associations of their choice. If the freedom of association or the right of collective bargaining are limited by law or subject to any restrictions, workers shall be free to develop parallel means of independent and free association and collective bargaining. The member shall recognize and respect the rights of workers to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- 8. Health and Safety
- The member provides a safe and healthy workplace in compliance with all applicable laws regarding working conditions, including health and safety, sanitation, fire safety, risk protection, and electrical, mechanical and structural safety. Furthermore, the member shall comply with all applicable laws regarding working conditions, including health and safety, sanitation, fire safety, risk protection, and electrical, mechanical and structural safety.
- 9. Environmental Protection
- Our members shall minimize environmental impacts in particular with respect to energy, water, air, soil and materials. The environmentally responsible procurement and use of natural resources (energy water, materials and land) shall be an integral part of the production.
- 10. Bribery and Corruption
- No form of extortion or bribery, including improper offers for payments to or from individuals performing work for suppliers, customers or other contracting parties, government organizations, shall be tolerated. We condemn all forms of corruption and bribery.
©2018 FOURSOURCE Group GmbH