For over 25 years, OEKO-TEX® is a leading standard for the development and production of sustainable and responsible garments and textiles. OEKO-TEX® has now entered a partnership with FOURSOURCE, the largest digital market network for the apparel industry. Thanks to this collaboration, FOURSOURCE is the first sourcing platform worldwide that can now verify OEKO-TEX® certificates through a direct interface, thus ensuring 100% data validity. As sustainability and transparency have become key drivers way forward for the apparel industry, the partnership offers completely new ways for brands and buyers to find certified factories and to manage compliance in a safe and efficient way.
The platform not only provides a guide for buyers, but also gives manufacturers the opportunity to find out what buyers are interested in. For example, buyers can immediately see which OEKO-TEX® certificates a manufacturer has and can select according to their preferences.
The partnership is a revolution to our industry and will open radically new ways for brands to find right supply partners and to manage compliance standards in a truly digital way.
Benefits for apparel professionals
- Find suppliers that comply with your production and operational standards
- Manage your social and environmental compliance standards and save time through FOURSOURCE certificate validation with OEKO-TEX®
- Get better understanding of compliance levels and standards of all important certification bodies
- Keep track and stay up to date with certificates within your personal supplier network on FOURSOURCE
What is OEKO-TEX®?
OEKO-TEX® is one of the most well-known global standards for textile and leather ecology in Europe and Japan with contact offices in more than 60 countries. They develop test methods and limit values which form the basis for standards of product labels, production facility certification, chemicals certification and status reporting. Their portfolio of standards encompasses STANDARD 100, MADE IN GREEN, LEATHER STANDARD, STeP, ECO PASSPORT AND DETOX TO ZERO. These comprehensive product and process tests guarantee risk management, consumer and environmental protection, as well as legal conformity.
Available for textile and leather products that have been tested for harmful substances and which are thus safe from a human-ecological perspective.
To identify textiles which have been tested for harmful substances and also manufactured under sustainable working conditions
To optimise the manufacturing process for ecological and socially responsible textile and leather production
To identify environmentally friendly chemicals, auxiliaries and colourants used in the textile and leather industry
Searching for a clothing manufacturer with OEKO-TEX® certificate?
- Access the world’s largest network of verified garment manufacturers
- Select from 10.000s of detailed company profiles with comparable and trusted information
- Identify who fits best with our unique search and matching logic, such as country, MOQ or product group
- Filter for certificates and focus on those factories that really matter