The apparel supply chain continues to grow across borders involving several local customs, legal, and economic systems, there by social compliance management and monitoring is becoming more difficult. WRAP is a global certification standard for ethical workplaces among apparel and footwear factories, ensuring socially responsible production. Thanks to our collaboration with WRAP, we are able to verify certificates of individual facilities on FOURSOURCE.
Through WRAP’s partnership with FOURSOURCE, brands and retailers have an excellent tool at their disposal to conduct the necessary due diligence on their vendors’ social compliance.
What is WRAP?
WRAP certification is recognized around the world as proof of social compliance in the apparel industry. For over two decades, it fosters lawful, humane and ethical work conditions for apparel and footwear factory workers through training, certifying and monitoring facilities. Focusing on the ground level of the apparel supply chain, WRAP provides high quality services where they ́re most needed.
It takes internationally accepted workplace standards, local laws and workplace regulations as reference and certifies individual production units. Thereby WRAP assures that buyers are working with socially responsible production units and that they can meet their own obligations towards safe, transparent and sustainable supply chain operations. The three levels (Silver, Gold, Platinum) depend on the duration of compliance with the WRAP principles.
WRAP´s 12 principles
- Compliance with Laws and Workplace Regulations
- Prohibition of Forced Labor
- Prohibition of Child Labor
- Prohibition of Harassment or Abuse
- Compensation and Benefits
- Hours of Work
- Prohibition of Discrimination
- Health and Safety
- Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- Customs Compliance
Searching for a clothing manufacturer with WRAP certificate?
- Access the world’s largest network of verified garment manufacturers
- Select from 10.000s of detailed company profiles with comparable and trusted information
- Identify who fits best with our unique search and matching logic, such as country, MOQ or product group
- Filter for certificates and focus on those factories that really matter