23jul3:00 pm3:30 pmThe perfect storm for rebooting the apparel supply chainHan Bekke, (President, IAF-International Apparel Federation)3:00 pm - 3:30 pm CET https://www.foursource.com/conferenceView now
(Thursday) 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm CET
Han Bekke (1949) worked for more than 40 years for several trade associations in the Dutch clothing and knitting industry. In March 2013 he was elected as chairman of the board of MODINT (Dutch trade association for fashion, interior and textiles) and re-elected for a second term in June 2017. From 2006 till 2013 he was also secretary-general of the IAF (International Apparel Federation), became its treasurer in 2013 and serves as IAF President since 2016.
Other boards Han Bekke serves on:
– member of the Executive Committee of VNO-NCW (Confederation of Dutch Industries)
– chairman a.i. of Federation Dutch Creative Industries
– member of the board of Dutch Circular Textile Valley
– member of the Advisory Council of European Fashion Business School TMO
– chairman of the board of the Amsterdam Tailoring School
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) is the world’s leading federation for apparel manufacturers, their associations, and the supporting industry. IAF’s membership include national apparel associations from more than 40 countries and associate members being prominent companies or institutes in technology, business services, retailing, logistics and education. IAF’s mission is to unite all stakeholders of the fashion and apparel industry, including brands, retailers, manufacturers, suppliers, and country associations from around the world to enable and promote smarter, stronger, more sustainable supply chains.
The IAF achieves its mission by:
- developing with its members a global vision on the industry’s optimal development, broadcasting this vision to its members and stakeholders and engaging with its members in projects to actively support the industry’s development.
- representing the industry in global platforms with the aim of achieving a greater level of global harmonization of rules and regulations.
- sharing a wide range of information obtained from our global network with our members.
- providing its members with a range of services fed by our global network and designed to add value
- connecting its members across the globe supporting them in expanding their own international network.